Tuesday, June 2, 2009

freedom

A couple of nights ago at work, I was having a really hard night. I was thinking about all these things that made my day nasty, just as a friend Janie came in for her shift. She seemed stressed and upset, so, I asked how she was doing. After a little bit of question asking, I found out that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer in her brain stem just this past week... I think my mouth literally dropped. In a split second all sorts of thoughts were going through my mind... "How does Janie feel? Is she going to move back home with her mom? How long does her mom live? Is she in pain? Is there treatment? How will this affect Janie? I wonder how Janies dealing with it... Whats going through her moms mind right now?". . . As Im thinking of this, all my thoughts came to a halt and God said, "But you have been redeemed from the curse of the law."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately I had an attitude switch... a revelation, really. Im FREE from the curse of the law, because Christ was made a curse for me! Yeah, that was a smack on the cheek for me. Im healthy. Im free. I dont live in bondage, or fear. I am free. FREE. . .

Janie walked out of the staffroom a little while later, and went on with her shift... Sue walked in not long after, and said to me, "How are you, Sam?" ... and I looked at her, put down the pool cup, and said, "Im doing good! Im doing really well thank you!" I didnt feel like, and didnt look like it, but I thought to myself... "Im free.. Ive been redeemed. Im healthy. My familys healthy... Im blessed..."

I came home and studied my Bible a bit more about Galations 3:13, because all day it was on my heart and I really felt God was pressing this on me for a reason. So, I journalled about what "free from the curse of the law" means.

I am free from:
-Poverty
-Sickness/Diseases
-Spiritual death

I am studying into this daily still. Free from the curse of the law... wow. Jesus died so that these curses didn't have any place in my life... so that I could be free..

Im so captivated by this... Im so sold on living on the promises in the word of God. . . the blessing it brings to every area of our lives to live in accordance with the law of God, and in covanent with God.

God is so good. I shake my head and laugh because Im just so overwhelmed with who he is... the wisdom he gives me... the courage... the peace... the strength... because Im free... Im in covanent... Im his daughter... because of this, I look forward to every day... to be lead by the Spirit every day... to see how God can use me, every day..

Little sidenote - pray about this... study this... study into what youve been freed from!!! be thankful... constantly thankful to god for what hes done for us.... The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom. Be humble. Be in awe... be so thankful... try to understand what Hes done for you, and you wont be able to help yourself from being thankful and overwhelmed by his goodness... thats a fear of the lord...

Im just seriously so overwhelmed by the greatness of my god. Hes so good. So good.

1 comment:

Breanne Michelle said...

AWESOME POST!! seriously, girly, thats amazing and soooo true!! great reminder and encouragment :D
love you lots <3