Sunday, June 14, 2009

sandlios and sockinos

What is it with people that make them think its okay to wear socks with sandals? Not only is this directly contrary to the purpose of sandals, its down right friggen atrocious.

Upon being paged this afternoon by speedy fingers Joanne, I made my way from downstairs, all the way to the front desk to take in a guest for a service... I'm sure my response was obvious, and likely quite rude as well, but forgive me and try not to judge because this man.... AHEM... this man... was wearing a pair of decent looking shorts... classy, nonetheless. I walked toward him and looked this slightly overweight middle aged character up and down three or four times. My mouth may have hung open, but Im not sure. As I walked toward him, it clicked for me. "Im being paged because there's a guest. This is probably my guest." I kept walking toward him as I did a few solid blinks...

He was wearing a pair of thick socks with a tight stretchy band that came about half way up his shin. Joanne handed me his sheet of paper and I quickly skimmed over his information so I knew where to take him. "3:15 Sanddollar"... alright... three fifteen... sanddollar...PEDICURE!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ew. I cant imagine what kind of feet this guy has hidden in his woolen socks!!!! Ech!!

There are so many things wrong with wearing socks and sandals. It just doesn't look good, and I dont understand the purpose of wearing both. Like, why not just wear your boxers over your jeans? Why not wear skiing gloves in the summer??

Pradas Spring 09 line ... socks and sandals. Tons and tons of socks and sandals. Apparently... a few men in our church family are not haute coutier!!!! Socks, and gladiator knee length sandals... wool socks and sandals with 4'' heels!!!! What kind of fool??? Good lord, and who spends money on this junk?????

I beg of you with sincerity of heart... please... please don't wear socks with your sandals, or socks with your flip flops, or socks with your CROCS!!! Wear socks with your running shoes... when your JOGGING. that's it!!! Ever!!!!! Another tangent for next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam, you make me giggle!!! But I definately share your thoughts on socks with sandals!