Friday, June 19, 2009

My God is a God who provides!!




Great way to start off the day... makes me laugh so hard that I can barely breathe!!!!

Today was a great little day... I spent it with Beckah and Lexi!!! It was fun.

Im leaving in a few days. Its now Friday, and I leave Monday!!!! Crazy! Time is going very fast. Im really looking forward to it. What a blessing.

You know what? Im learning that even though my life is so far from perfect, or simple, or easy, regarless of my own crap, God is still sovereign. And you sit there saying, "Uh, yeah.. obviously!" But, when I realize and remember that God is sovereign, I remember he knows it all... what I struggle with, my fears, my emotions, the outcome of every situation... He is good, always good. He proves to be faithful over and over. As I focus my attention to seeing his goodness and his faithfulness in everything, I have found myself so much more compassionate and thankful. Gods doing a new work in me, and though its far from over, Im thankful that I am able to be humbled to be used by his grace for his glory. What an absolutely amazing blessing to be used by God. And how incredible selfish and foolish to pursue my own plans... All I want, and I mean this with everything in me, is for God to complete the work he has started in me and to use everything I am for his Kingdom. . . to live my life in a way that glorifies who he is, to bless his name with my actions and with my words, to live a life of thankfulness and worship, to seek his face and live off his every word, to fulfill his call on my life and to be lead by his spirit. Im taking baby steps, one at a time, and though theyre small, they feel so big. Yet, at the same time, even though Ive grown and changed alot in the past few months, it has been hard, but not "hard". Ive had such grace from God... such freedom to forgive... freedom to love and open myself up... to learn and be taught... to teach.... to give... to experience... to grow...

"All of my life,
In every season
You are still God
And I have a reason to sing;
I have a reason to worship.

This is my prayer in the desert,
when that is in me feels dry.
And this is my prayer in my hunger and need,
My God is the God who provides.

And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conquerer and co-heir with Christ
So firm on his promise I'll stand."

No comments: